By Christine Bordelon, Clarion Herald On April 4, a ground-breaking ceremony was held for a new cemetery and funeral home in Covington. St. Lazarus
The development of 366 acres of land on the northshore – 227 of which the archdiocese has owned since 1902 – began Nov. 15 with the blessing and dedication of the Judge Tanner Road extension and Holy Trinity Drive in Covington.
Most Holy Trinity Church is bursting at the seams, having outgrown the temporary worship space on the Highway 190 Service Road in Covington it has called home for almost six years.
“Our Lady of Prompt Succor, hasten to help us.” Simple words prayed at weekly Masses during hurricane season and by a special group of