By Clarion herald Staff
Photo | COURTESY ST. SCHOLASTICA ACADEMY
Archbishop Gregory Aymond blessed and dedicated St. Scholastica Academy’s new Angelus Hall on Oct. 28. The $3.2 million, two-story building houses eight classrooms for math, theology for all grades, a science lab, a TV production studio and a yearbook/video production studio. The building was named for the school’s tradition – which dates to 1903 – of praying the Angelus prayer at the sound of the chapel bell ringing. Construction funds came from various sources.
The Archdiocese of New Orleans contributed $1.5 million from its Hurricane Katrina FEMA allocation, and the school used its savings and individual donations. Dr. Patricia Williams and Dr. Katherine Williams Devier were the first to fund and name the Science Lab.