High school application process for parents and guardians of 7th graders
1. On Wednesday, Nov. 13, the Admissions Application will be posted online (www.ocs.arch-no.org). Only one application is permitted per student.
2. On the last line of this application form, identify the Selected High School your child hopes to attend for the 2020-21 school year. Student may select only one high school.
3. Parental/Guardian sig-nature(s) on the back of the application form authorizes and permits other Catholic high schools (that may have openings) to review the student records in the event that the Selected High School does not accept the student application.
4. Return completed form to Catholic elementary school principals by Friday, Nov. 15. The Catholic elementary schools will send the application forms and the student records to the Selected High School by Tuesday, Nov. 19.
5. Students in non-Catholic elementary schools are required to send forms and student records directly to Selected High School by Tuesday, Nov. 19.
6. In the event that a student is not going to be accepted, the parent/guardian of the student will be notified as soon as the determination is made. At that point, the parent/guardian may pick up the original application from the school and bring it to another school to apply there. If the folder is not picked up, it will be turned into the Office of Catholic Schools in February.
7. Students are required to attend Testing Day at the Selected High School on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020. A $30 one-time, non-refundable, non-transferable application fee will be collected from each student upon arrival at the high school. Testing Day at all high schools will begin anytime from 8 to 8:30 a.m. Exact starting times within that 30 minutes are determined by each individual school.
8. All folders of non-accepted students will be forwarded in February by the high schools to the Office of Catholic Schools, 7887 Walmsley Ave., New Orleans, Louisiana. Unless otherwise indicated, all high schools will have the opportunity to review the folders at OCS.
9. Non-accepted students may receive invitations to apply from schools that have reviewed those folders. These are not letters of acceptance, only invitations that are sent because the school has viewed the file and decided that if a student wants to apply further, this may be a good fit. It is not a guarantee of acceptance.
10. Acceptance notifications will take place on Feb. 20, 2020.
(Students applying for grades 9-12 should contact the appropriate school for its process.)