By Clarion Herald Staff
Archbishop Gregory Aymond will be the principal celebrant of the All Saints’ Day Mass Nov. 1 at 10 a.m. at St. Louis Cemetery No. 3, New Orleans, with a performance of St. Michael Special School’s Bell Choir after Mass, followed by blessing of the graves and light refreshments.
Blessing of the graves in St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 and St. Louis Cemetery No. 2 will be at 2 p.m. and 2:15 p.m., respectively.
The following is a complete list of scheduled services:
- St. Patrick Cemetery, 143 City Park Ave., New Orleans: All Saints’ Day, blessing of the graves begins at 11 a.m.
- St. Roch Cemeteries, 1725 St. Roch Ave., New Orleans: All Saints’ Day, 9 a.m. Mass at St. Roch Cemetery No. 1, followed by blessing of graves.
- St. Joseph Cemeteries, 2220 Washington Ave., New Orleans: All Saints’ Day, blessing of the graves at noon.
- St. Vincent de Paul Soniat Cemetery, 1950 Soniat St., New Orleans: All Saints’ Day, blessing of graves begins at 11:30 a.m.
- St. Mary and St. Bartholomew Cemeteries, 500 Eliza St., New Orleans: All Saints’ Day, 10 a.m. Mass at Holy Name of Mary Church, Algiers, followed by blessing of the graves.
- St. Pius X Cemetery, 8151 Barataria Blvd., Crown Point: All Saints’ Day Mass at 11 a.m. at St. Pius X Church, followed by blessing of the graves at St. Pius X Mausoleum.
- St. Gertrude Cemetery, Des Allemands: All Saints’ Day, blessing of the graves begins after 10 a.m. Mass beginning at Graham Schmill Cemetery, then to St. Gertrude Church.
- Mennonite Cemetery, Des Allemands: All Saints’ Day, blessing of the graves at 11:30 a.m.
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery, 13396 River Road, Destrehan: All Saints’ Day, 4 p.m. blessing of the graves in St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery.
- St. Charles Cemetery, Paul Maillard Road, Luling: All Saints’ Day, blessing of graves at 1:30 p.m. in Holy Savior Mausoleum.
- St. John the Baptist Cemetery, 2361 Hwy. 18, Edgard: All Saints’ Day, Mass at 10 a.m. at St. John the Baptist Church, followed by blessing of the graves in St. John the Baptist Cemetery.
- St. Joan of Arc and Ascension of Our Lord, LaPlace: Blessing of the graves, 2 p.m., at St. John Memorial Gardens, LaPlace.
- St. Thomas and St. Martin de Porres Cemeteries, Pointe a la Hache: All Saints’ Day, blessing of graves at 4 p.m. at St. Martin de Porres Cemetery. Then, 6 p.m. Mass at St. Thomas Catholic Church after the blessing of graves at St. Thomas Cemetery.
- St. Patrick Cemetery, 28698 Hwy. 23, Port Sulphur: All Saints’ Day, blessing of the graves at St. Jude Cemetery at 9 a.m. Mass at noon in St. Patrick Church, followed by procession to St. Patrick Cemetery for blessing of the graves. Blessing of graves at Our Lady of Good Harbor Cemetery at 3 p.m.
- St. Peter, Reserve: All Saints’ Day, 10 a.m. Mass followed by blessing of the graves. Gumbo and potato salad will be served at St. Peter School from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cemetery, Taft: All Saints’ Day, blessing of graves at noon (weather permitting).
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Cemetery, 146 Fourth St., Westwego: All Saints’ Day, 8 a.m. Mass, followed by blessing of the graves at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Cemetery.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cemetery, 8968 Hwy. 23, Belle Chasse: All Saints’ Day, 9:30 a.m. blessing of the graves.
- St. Bernard Catholic Cemetery (Toca), 2805 Bayou Road, St. Bernard: All Saints’ Day, Mass in St. Bernard Church at 10:30 a.m., followed by blessing of the graves at the cemetery. For more information, contact the archdiocesan Cemeteries office at 596-3050.
Oct. 31-Nov. 2
- Greenwood Funeral Home, 5200 Canal Blvd., New Orleans: Nov. 1, the community is invited to Mass at 1:30 p.m. in the funeral home chapel, celebrated by Father David Ducote, parochial vicar, St. Clement of Rome Church, Metairie, followed by refreshments in the Boulevard Room. Open House Oct. 31-Nov. 1 from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. 486-0880.
- Lake Lawn Metairie Funeral Home and Cemeteries, 5100 Pontchartrain Blvd., Metairie: Nov. 1, 3 p.m. Mass with Archbishop Gregory M. Aymond. The Mass will be celebrated outside in front of All Saints Mausoleum. The celebration will move inside the funeral home in case of inclement weather. Refreshments and a commemorative gift following Mass. The funeral home will be open for visitation Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Metairie Cemetery is open daily from 8:30 a.m..-5 p.m. For information, call 486-6331.
- Mount Olivet Cemetery and Mausoleum, 4000 Norman Mayer Ave., New Orleans: Nov. 1, will celebrate All Saints’ Day with balloon releases at 12:30 p.m. and again at 4 p.m. Enjoy live music, refreshments and drinks from noon to 4 p.m. Visitation hours 7 a.m.-5 p.m. For more information, call 335-2200.
- Restlawn Park Mausoleum, 3450 Hwy. 90, Avondale: 40th annual blessing of the graves, Nov. 1 at 2 p.m., with priests from various churches joining together for the All Saints’ Day prayer service. Individual grave sites will be blessed. Information, 368-6723.
- Rhodes Funeral Home, 3933 Washington Ave. (near Broad Street), New Orleans: Redemptorist Father Maurice J. Nutt of the Black Catholic Theological Symposium will be the principal celebrant and homilist at the annual All Saints’ Day Celebration on Nov. 1. Other clergy members have been invited to participate. Prayer and a musical tribute featuring vocal and instrumental artists from the local area begins at 9 a.m., followed by Mass at 10 a.m. in the Rhodes Pavilion Chapel. Refreshments will be served after the Mass. Call 822-7162.
- St. Bernard Memorial Gardens and Funeral Home, 701 West Virtue St., Chalmette: Father Marlon Mangubat, pastor at Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church, Chalmette, will celebrate Mass on Nov. 1 at 11 a.m. in the chapel, followed by blessing of graves and concluding with refreshments. Father Nghiem Van Nguyen, pastor at Mary Queen of Vietnam Church, New Orleans, will celebrate Mass in Vietnamese on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 10 a.m. in the cemetery. Cemetery hours Oct. 31-Nov. 1 are 8 a.m.-5 p.m.